• Co-PI for research concept paper entitled “The Role of Engineering in Addressing Climate Change” submitted proposal to the NSF Engineering Research Visioning Alliance (with Dr. Saniya Leblanc, MAE) October 2021.
• Member of research team that developed the concept paper entitled “Battery-Electric Locomotive Technology Warrantying Emergency Preparedness and Augmented Community Resiliency,” submitted to the Department of Homeland Security, July 2021.
• Served as GW sponsor and host of Visiting Scholar Dr. Sergio Botero, Universidad Nacional de Colombia (August 9 to September 17, 2021).
• Provided letter of support for NSF proposal “HNDS-R: Evaluating Networks to Address Policy-Induced Inequities at the Nexus of Healthcare and Climate Change,” Prof. Ekundayo Shittu, December 20, 2021.
• Student evaluation ratings of all the courses I taught during the reporting period were substantially higher than the Departmental averages (average instruction rating for all courses taught dur the reporting period was 4.775).
• Managed EEMI professional education short course program that designed and/or delivered multiple sections of the following courses during the reporting period: On the Road to Mass Marketing of Electric Vehicles; Enterprise Resilience; How to Design, Finance and Integrate Renewables in the Power Grid; and Corporate Energy Strategies to Thrive in a Decarbonized World.
• As detailed under the Service section below, I have been active in service at the Department, School and University levels, as well as externally, throughout the reporting period. This included service on the SEAS Promotion and Tenure Personnel Subcommittee and the SEAS Awards Committee.